Vaginal Rejuvenation Defined
Vaginal rejuvenation is a general term used to describe any procedure to help tighten the vagina and provide support to the surrounding organs. Vaginoplasty is the word to describe surgical intervention. While the terms are generally used interchangeably, rejuvenation is often addressed using non-surgical methods such as radio frequency or laser.
Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation
Women generally seek vaginal rejuvenation:
- 1To resolve symptoms of pelvic floor relaxation, such as incontinence, prolapse, cystocele and rectocele, and/or
- 2To enhance or improve sexual function.
After having children, or around the age of menopause, many women find their vagina does not "feel" the same and some may experience discomfort or less pleasure or arousal during sexual activity. Other common concerns expressed include:
- feeling of "loose" vagina
- tampons won't stay in place
- decreased sensation or "friction" during intercourse
- air getting into and escaping vagina during intercourse
- decreased ability to produce natural lubrication
- bowel movement issues
- urinary and/or fecal incontinence
- pressure or sensation of something "falling out"
Vaginal Rejuvenation or Vaginoplasty
Some women may require surgical intervention to address complex structural changes but many can find significant symptom relief through Viveve, a non-surgical, high-tech radio frequency device, now available in Peoria, AZ. Viveve is the most innovative technology that remodels vaginal tissue without incisions, tissue ablation or anesthesia. The Viveve treatment is comfortably delivered in a single session and patients can return to their normal activities immediately following the procedure with minimal post-treatment restrictions. Learn more...
Best Candidates for Vaginal Rejuvenation
The Viveve provides an option for women who want results without surgery. If you have the following symptoms, Viveve might be right for you:
- Mild Pelvic Floor Relaxation: reduction in sensation for one or both partners during intercourse, pressure in vagina with exercise or bearing down, slipping of tampon
- Stress Urinary Incontinence: loss of urine when coughing, sneezing, laughing, bending, lifting, running or jumping.
- Symptoms of Vaginal Atrophy: vaginal dryness, thinning of the tissue causing pain or light bleeding during intercourse, decrease in sensation and ability to achieve climax.
What to expect with the Viveve Treatment
Viveve is a quick, painless radiofrequency treatment that is completed in a single 30-45 minute session and does not require recovery or down time before resuming normal activities. Radiofrequency works by stimulating the body's natural ability to revitalize soft tissue of the vagina. Because of the patented cryogen-cooling technology, Viveve is able to deliver consistently high levels of energy for a longer duration which allows for deeper penetration into the various levels of the vaginal tissue without risk of injury or damage to surface level tissue. As a result, Viveve is able to achieve clinically proven outcomes in 1 session as compared to other technologies that require 3 or more treatments to demonstrate measurable benefits. Most patients observe a change in their symptoms within days of the Viveve treatment. And, because neocollagensis is a biological process, women will continue to experience improvement over time. Learn more...
Why Viveve is the Best Option
Viveve currently has regulatory approvals or clearances in over 50 countries for the treatment of vaginal laxity, sexual function and/or mild urinary incontinence. Viveve continues to purse additional regulatory approvals documenting the safety and efficacy of the Viveve device for the treatment of gynecological and urological conditions as demonstrated by:
- An ongoing FDA IDE trial, (VIVEVE II), in the U.S. for improvement in sexual function. Clearance to start the study by FDA was based on extensive safety research, consistent with their guidance;
- Clinical studies in Canada for treatment of stress urinary incontinence cleared by the Canadian Ministry of Health; and
- Submission of a stress urinary incontinence IDE, (LIBERATE US), to FDA in June 2018.
Viveve has completed multiple pre‐clinical studies to thoroughly characterize the effect and safety of the Cooled Monopolar Radio Frequency (CMFR) treatment.
- Clinical results and positive patient outcomes from a randomized, blinded, multicenter clinical trial published in 2 peer‐reviewed journals demonstrated the safety and efficacy of CMRF for treatment of vaginal laxity and sexual function;
- Positive stress urinary incontinence data and 6‐month interim results reported from SUI pilot and on‐going feasibility studies; and
- No device‐related adverse events reported in any clinical trials conducted or underway.
The OptimaLiving Therapy Difference
OptimaLiving Therapy & Pelvic Health Center is a clinic located in Peoria, AZ . We are dedicated to the treatment of pelvic floor disorders. Our therapists are trained in techniques, modalities and hold specialty certifications in treatments pertaining to women's health. Seeking expert knowledge and innovative resources helped us to identify Viveve as a state of the art solution to many of the symptoms our patients experience. But we also understand the best possible outcome for any set of physical conditions is to ensure patients have a thorough understanding of their diagnosis, education about contributing factors and prevention strategies, as well as a personalized exercise program to maintain their results. OptimaLiving Therapy is the only clinic in the Phoenix Arizona area to combine advanced technology and good old-fashioned, hands-on therapy care to maximize results and help our clients achieve long-term success, health and happiness.
To learn if the vaginal rejuvenation treatment with Viveve is an option for your condition, request a FREE Consultation by clicking the link below. OR Call the office at 623-777-3113.